Turn DREAMS into Reality
Turn your Dream into Reality
Classes Available in English and Korean
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How many training hours do I need to complete?
PA State Board requires completion of 1250 training hours to sit for your Cosmetology licensing exam.
Does the school provide the license?
No. The school does not grant licenses nor provide the licensing exam, both are administered by the State. The school assists students with all exam applications as needed and all of our exams, both written and practical, are designed and developed to help you prepare for and pass your State Exams.
Can I get hours for working in a salon or being an apprentice?
No. The PA State Board does not credit training hours off campus and there is no apprenticeship program. The State does, however, grant the school special permission on individual occasions to give students credit for attending industry-related events.
Will I learn makeup artistry in Cosmetology?
Yes. Makeup and Skin Care currently holds 78 credit hours in our Cosmetology program. Your license will qualify you to perform makeup services in a salon or spa. Because of the growing popularity of makeup artistry and the desire to learn more advanced techniques that don't fit in our Cosmetology curriculum, many of our graduates enroll into an advanced makeup training course at Dream Cosmetology Institute Makeup Academy.
Will I learn advanced techniques such as hair extensions?
Yes. Our schools arrange advanced classes for students in many different topics, the most popular being Hair Extensions, Airbrush Makeup, and Blow-out Styling. Some classes are provided at no additional cost while others will be optional for a kit fee.
Which jobs in the field of beauty and cosmetology are in most demand?
According to the United States Department of Labor, the U.S. employment rates for personal appearance works such as hairdressers, hairstylists, cosmetologists, skin care specialists and shampooers are projected to grow 20 percent between 2008 and 2018 Employment of manicurists and pedicurists is expected to show a similiar increase as well!
Are there any additional costs I will incur?
Students will not incur any hidden fees to complete their programs. All equipment and books are included in the total cost of the program. The following additional fees may incur:
• Locker rentals are available for a nominal fee which varies per campus.
• Schedule changes are free up to two times, after which there is a $100 administrative fee.
• Students who do not finish their exams prior to their hours may be charged $100 per exam. No student can be considered a graduate without completing all academics.
• The policy on absent hours and overtime charges are outlined on the enrollment agreement.
• The State Board of PA does require the following additional fees:
• $5.00 State Board Registration Application Fee
• $5.00 State Board Permit Application Fee
• $40.00 State Board Written Exam Fee (can be taken at 960 hours)
• $130.00 State Board Practical Exam Fee (taken after graduation) - This fee changes from $100 to $130 every 2 hours.
START YOUR CAREER